Chia Seeds are high in fibre and great for digestion, they are a superfood being high in Omega 3, high in antioxidants and protein with 8 essential amino acids, high in calcium (5 times more than milk) iron, potassium vitamin C & is effective in balancing blood sugar levels!
Ingredients: (1 serve)
1 tbsp of chia seeds
approx 1/2 cup filtered water
1 ripe banana
pinch of cinnamon
2 teaspoons of stevia or sweetener of choice (I used Natvia)
2 tsp coconut oil
1. In a bowl, mix chia seeds and water and stir, allow approx 5 minutes to set, you will know it is ready when it forms a gel like consistancy.
2. Add banana to the chia, mash the banana using a fork.
3. Add cinnamon and sweetener & mix well
4. Heat 1 tsp of coconut oil on a small pan, add 1/2 of the banana-chia mixture and flatten using a spatular.
5. On medium heat, cook untill slightly brown & flip as you would regular pancakes, repeat with the remaining mixture.
6. Serve with fresh fruit and chopped nuts (I used banana, blueberry and walnuts)