Chia Seeds are high in fibre and great for digestion, they are a superfood being high in Omega 3, high in antioxidants and protein with 8 essential amino acids, high in calcium (5 times more than milk) iron, potassium vitamin C & is effective in balancing blood sugar levels!
Ingredients: (1 serve)
1 tbsp of chia seeds
approx 1/2 cup filtered water
1 ripe banana
pinch of cinnamon
2 teaspoons of stevia or sweetener of choice (I used Natvia)
2 tsp coconut oil
1. In a bowl, mix chia seeds and water and stir, allow approx 5 minutes to set, you will know it is ready when it forms a gel like consistancy.
2. Add banana to the chia, mash the banana using a fork.
3. Add cinnamon and sweetener & mix well
4. Heat 1 tsp of coconut oil on a small pan, add 1/2 of the banana-chia mixture and flatten using a spatular.
5. On medium heat, cook untill slightly brown & flip as you would regular pancakes, repeat with the remaining mixture.
6. Serve with fresh fruit and chopped nuts (I used banana, blueberry and walnuts)
No Gluten, No Dairy, No Sugar
Clean Cooking with Natascha Elisa
Clean Cooking with Natascha ElisaAll recipes and images are original unless stated otherwise, questions & recipe requests welcome!