Brown Rice Fritters
I am often looking for new ways to use carrot pulp, seems like such a waste every time I juice, and there are only so many times I can make this carrot cake! This recipe came to me with the ingredients I had on hand, it turned out so well I think it will be a regular favorite!
Ingredients: (Makes 6 small patties)
1 cup of carrot pulp (can be substituted for grated carrot)
1 cup of cooked brown rice (about 3/4 of a cup uncooked)
1 can of 4 bean mix, drained and rinsed.
1 handful of fresh parsley, finely chopped
1/2 red onion
1 clove of garlic, crushed
2 teaspoons of ground flaxseeds (linseed meal)
1 - 2 tablespoons of olive oil
Salt, Pepper & Spices (I used Herbarmare vegetable salt, black pepper & Cajun spice)
1. Preheat oven to 180degrees. Cook rice in a small pot untill slightly undercooked (don’t cook too much, as they will continue to soften in the oven)
2. In a pan, heat a splash of olive oil, add chopped onion & garlic, saute untill clear, add salt, pepper & spices until fragrant.
3. Add onions, carrots, parsley, ground flaxseeds, olive oil & beans to a deep dish and blend until smooth.
4. Add brown rice and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. If the mixture is too dry, add a small amount of water, if it’s too wet, add more ground flaxseeds, the mixture should be malleable.
5. Lightly grease a baking tray or baking paper with olive oil or spray. Using a spoon, form mixture into 6 balls and space evenly on the tray. Press with a spatula to flatten.
6. Cook until golden and slightly crunchy (about 20 minutes) Transfer to a cooling tray, serve warm.
- Break and serve with hummus, lettuce, tomato & avocado in a wrap.
- Stack with rocket, sun dried tomatos and avocado in a sandwhich.
- Cut into quarters and serve on top of a salad!
No Gluten, No Dairy, No Sugar
Clean Cooking with Natascha Elisa
Clean Cooking with Natascha ElisaAll recipes and images are original unless stated otherwise, questions & recipe requests welcome!