1. Remove skin and seeds from papaya, using a Julian peeler, peel both papaya & carrot into a bowl.
2. Add avocado and tomato halves
3. Using a mortal & pestle (or food processor) combine ginger, garlic and chilli until it creates a smooth paste, add remaining dressing ingredients and mix well.
4. Cover salad ingredients with dressing, if time permits, allow salad sit in the fridge for at least 1 hr before serving.
Ingredients: (serves 2)
2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
2 big handfuls of organic arugula and baby spinach
1 tbsp amino acids
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
5 sundried tomatoes, sliced
Pinch of cracked pepper
Fresh herbs, chopped (parsley and coriander or basil)
1. In a bowl or jar, mix amino acid, dash of olive oil & lemon juice. Mix well.
2. Coat arugula and baby spinach with mixture and set aside
3. Heat olive oil in a pan on medium heat, add mushrooms & cracked pepper, sauté until soft & slightly brown, add tomatoes and stir
4. Turn heat down, add greens and toss until slightly wilted, remove immediately from heat & dish up
5. Too with fresh herbs & serve
Want all the benefits of this Iron rich leave green but not fond of the taste? Here is your solution - recipe below - more on cleancookingrecipes.com
1 bunch of kale (more than you think as it will wilt)
1/2 tbsp expeller pressed coconut oil
Low sodium herbal salt like celery salt or Herbamare
1. Blanch kale first, this will soften it making it easier to cook and it will absorb less oil
2. Using a medium pan, heat coconut oil and add Kale
3. Allow to cook, stirring often until evenly coated, add salt of choice & remove from heat
*serve as a side dish
Rosemary Roasted Butternut Pumpkin
1 butternut pumpkin, washed and cut into cubes
1 twig of fresh rosemary, removed from stem
1 tbsp coconut oil
Herbal or sea salt and pepper to taste
1. Pre heat oven to 220 degrees celsius
2. Mix rosemary, coconut oil, salt & pepper in a small dish or jar until well combined
3. Place pumpkin cubes in a baking tray, pour mixture over and toss well to coat
4. Stir mixture every 20 minutes, roast until soft & slightly brown on edges.
* Serve as a side or as a meal with brown rice and sautéed kale or nwith rocket and spinach leaves as a salad.
Blueberry & Lemon Infused Water
1 organic lemon, sliced.
1/4 cup of blueberries
1. Fill a bottle or jar with filtered water, add lemon slices and blueberries, place in the fridge and allow to infuse for a few hours (or overnight)
2. Enjoy your fruity fresh flavoured water!
A great way to keep hydrated without buying sugary it artificially flavoured drinks. Easy to make - healthy fresh and delicious!
Coconut - Maca - Chia
Energy Truffles | Bliss Balls
Call them what you like this little balls of energy are easy to make, store well and super delicious. The perfect on the go snack for busy bees!
1. Pre heat oven 180 degrees celsius
2. Mix vinegar, olive oil, garlic and oregano in a small bowl or jar
3. Trim the stem of each mushroom and place upside down on a baking tray.
4. Coat each mushroom with the vinegar mixture & top with sun dried tomatoes
5. Bake until warm and slightly brown (about 20-30 minutes)
Lemon Rosemary Shoe String ‘Fries’
Baked instead of fried, using a extra virgin olive oil, for a much healthier version of fries!
1/2 a lemon rind
1 twig of fresh rosemary
1/2 teaspoon of sea salt flakes
1 tbsp extra Virgin olive oil
2 potatoes, washed, peeled and cut into strips.
1. Pre heat oven to 180deg celcius & lay potatoes out evenly on a non stick baking sheet on an oven tray.
2. Mix lemon rind, olive oil & rosemary in a small jar.
3. Using a brush, coat potatoes in mixture
4. Bake until lightly golden, turn heat off for an extra 2-5 minutes before removing from oven. Place in a cooling rack - allow to cool slightly before serving!
Morning Detox Drink
Lemon - Cayenne - Apple Cider - Maple
1 cup of warm filtered water
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 pinch cayenne
1 tsbp apple cider vinegar (we used braags)
1 tsp of grade B pure maple syrup
Lemons aid alkalinity & breakdown far molecules to assist cleansing. Cayenne pepper helps to increase metabolism, promotes blood circulation and acts as an antioxidant
Maple Syrup (grade B) gives energy, boosts immune system, contains zinc & manganese for healthy blood & bones
Apple Cider Vinegar helps with detoxification, increases metabolism and reduces water retention, it contains potassium as enzymes and helps control blood sugar.